This is a great career opportunity for a Sales Manager with high potential for growth.
About the Company
FRP Transmission Innovations Inc. (TI) was established five years ago to design and test new fiber-reinforced polymer (FRP) products used for power line construction. The company established an alliance agreement with Creative Pultrusions, a leading U.S. pultruded of FRP composites, look and a partnership was established with BC Hydro, BC Transmission, and Powertech to test the products and trial them in the field. These field trials have proven that TI’s products perform better than conventional materials currently being used, are easier to install, provide superior environmental resistance and attributes, and have a lifespan that far exceeds other materials used for power line construction. As a result, TI’s products are standard items in BC Hydro’s and other utilities’ procurement programs. The company has a 20-year collaboration agreement with BC Hydro and currently has $18 million on a quote for various projects.
To date, FRP Transmission Innovations Inc. has been funded by a parent company, Domino Highvoltage Supply. However, TI has secured funding to become a stand-alone company and is now looking to recruit a Sales Manager who will work closely with the Product & Applications Principal Engineer to expand the corporate sales on a global scale.
The initial contract will be for a three-year term with performance bonuses based on results. After completion of the initial term, the contract will be evaluated and renegotiated to include stock options, assuming the Sales Manager has achieved targets and is the right fit.
POSITION TITLE: Sales Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: Product & Applications Principal Engineer
REPORTS TO: CEO & Board of Directors (4 members)
Sets quarterly and annual sales goals and plans direct and controls all business activities to achieve revenue targets. Responsible for planning and performance in sales and marketing, administrative and financial functions, and relationships with alliance partners. Develops and implements approved strategies and is responsible for the financial and operating results of the company.
- Develops and executes short and long-range strategic objectives, budgets, and business plans that will realize revenues and profits.
- Develops and maintains relationships with North American and global utilities to ensure TI’s products are specified and nurtures the relationship from the pre-planning stage through to successful product installation.
- Analyses and acts upon the potential of new clients and markets from a marketing and product perspective; develops and implements specific sales strategies and marketing plans.
- Monitors and reports on financial and operational results including market share data, industry trends, and customer feedback and develops action plans to address any deficiencies.
- Establishes and monitors sales lead tracking practices and procedures to ensure maximum development of potential leads.
- Develops and coordinates the production of all marketing collateral materials including standardized proposal language, product brochures, website content, presentations, technical publications, etc.
- Oversees the planning of participation at trade shows and other marketing and sales events and analyses payback; represents the company at trade association meetings to promote products.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures in accordance with the approved budget.
- Based on market research and client feedback, collaborates with engineering in the development and testing of new products to increase market penetration.
- Analyses product costing and develops and recommends pricing strategies that will result in the greatest share of the market and profitability.
- Creates and delivers client proposal presentations.
- Reviews organization and staffing plan to ensure that they are adequate to attain corporate objectives.
- Liaises with alliances partners to ensure adequate scheduling and that product quality is being maintained.
- Directs and oversees hiring, training, performance management, and disciplinary actions; administers compensation and HR policies and recommends any modifications, as required.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree in business or other relevant discipline preferred
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a general manager in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong sales and marketing experience and a track record of achieving significant sales growth and penetration of new markets
- In-depth knowledge and contacts within the high voltage transmission industry essential
- Strong overall business acumen including financial management, analysis, and budgeting skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Track record of planning and managing a company’s growth to the next level
- Willingness to travel globally (30% to 50%)
For Further Information and to Apply Contact:
Barb Schimnowsky, CMC
Westview Executive Search Ltd.